Sequoyah County Court Clerk Office
120 E. Chickasaw St.
Sallisaw, OK 74955 Phone: (918) 775-4411
Fax: (918) 775-1223
Sequoyah County Court Clerk
The court clerk has the primary responsibility to record, file and maintain as permanent records the proceedings of the district court. The court clerk and appointed deputies work with the different divisions of the district court which are as follows:
- Civil — damage, equity, writs (court order) and civil cases, injunctions and garnishments.
- Criminal — felony and misdemeanor cases and traffic violations.
- Probate — guardianship, mental health, adoption and other judicial determination cases.
- Juvenile — matters of the children's court.
- Domestic Relations—divorces, separations, annulments, emergency protective orders, income assignments and paternity cases.
- Small Claims — cases involving claims or damages under $10,000, including garnishments, recovery of personal property and recovery of money based on a contract or tort.